Monday, April 17, 2006

Feeling Torn...

It's earlyl. Should be getting ready for hte day, but I'm posting instead. Had a great weekend. Good Friday service was good, followed by family lunch on Friday, CBFD Friday night (abbreviated version) way to much fun!! Too bad we're all so responsible... said good bye just after 11pm I think.

Skated on Saturday for the first time this year. Thanks Jay, you got me going. I was so nervous I could have puked. It felt good and invigorating. Lots of sore muscles from the new activity... but no problem - the feel good kind of sore.

Sunday went to Easter service at church, nice... Hubby's sister came for the day and supper. It was great to have them. They live 7 hours away, always a joy to havce them here. Love seeing my niece and nephew (how tall can a 13 year old boy get anyway!!!)

Now the feeling torn part. I just cut my workout short. Something just below my knee is killing me. Is it a twinge? is it injured, is my hip out and pulling my knee in the wrong direction? I don't know. I stopped the step aerobics, tried walking on my TM, then ran... didn't work. Had to walk again. I'm going to go ice. I just can't fathom being hurt right now. I'm sure its just temporary. What's the difference between working through the pain and being stupid by keeping going? I can't not work out right now. I've made a lot of progress these last few months. I won't stop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Huma said...

You gotta know the difference between hurt and injured. If you have to ask whther you might be injured... you should likely take a break.

Try something different as you heal... maybe some iron pumping at the gym.

Or shoe shopping?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

HA shoe shopping... I wish. my feet won't tolerate the pretty strappy things. I go more for the "are those your grandmas shoes" shoes.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home