Friday, May 12, 2006

Garage Sales

I am amused. I've been sitting in my garage for the last 4 hours selling "stuff". Some junk, some good "stuff". Its amazing what people will buy. I've sold a treadmill that doesn't work (yes I told the guy) books, dishes, cameras, old LP's, barbies, and other assorted things.

I think I've made over $100 so far - but - both hubby and I took the day off (what's that worth!) - so I may be in the hole still. Plus the time I've spent getting it altogether, pricing and organizing.

True, I kind of hoped I'd be sitting in the sun, drinking a little something while people walked by and dropped money in my lap, but its cold, windy and starting to get dark. I'm not really complaining, I've had an ok day, and lets be honest - I'm not inside looking at the house that desparately needs cleaning. So all in all, I guess Garage Sales can be worth it.

The people that come and talk your ear off - they are funny. Smile & Nod!!! Then there is the kind hutterite gentleman who drove his big honken truck down our road, with a 30' horse trailer on the back and he wondered how he'd turn around!! I said well, it is a dead end, there is a sign at the top of the street - his response was "yeah, I saw that too late" Whatever. He got practice backing out... Made me laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

So far $152 clear... but just wait - we're doing it all again tomorrow from 9am till 4pm YUCK. Oh well, couple more big ticket items, so if they go, its well worth it.

Distraction??? Come by, that would have distracted me!!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home