Monday, March 13, 2006

Help Desk

Have you ever been one of those people IT guys write home about? I must say I'm proud of myself. Our help desk had to read my email request 3 or 4 times before it made sense to him. I used to think I was pretty concise and to the point, but it seems that in my rush to be smart and witty I almost failed to clarify my immediate need. Which, as it turned out could have been summed up in the sentence "I need access to folder such & such". Who knew they didn't want all the background? Who knew the short story would have been sufficient. I think from now on I'll send two emails - one with the long version and a few minutes later the short. Oh wait, these guys are by the hour (or should that be "buy" the hour). I know, I know, don't quit my day job.

Some days I wish this computer came with a help desk - oh wait it did - to bad this help desk isn't open 24/7. Something about family life... oh well.

K, I'm babbling now. I so need more sleep...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

HA!
I've done that too. Just when you think you're smart and ahead of the game, they want the short story. No worries, next time you give them the abbreviated version, they'll want the long one.
It's a lose-lose situation.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Huma said...

lose - lose... and billed by the hour...

What a living :).

BTW - The effort is appreciated - and I laugh because I know you laugh WITH me as well.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

you have no idea how much I laugh!! oh my - would that be the gee that was a good one laugh, or the cackle of "girl gone crazy" I'll let you pick LOL

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home