Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What is venting..

Are uncharitable thoughts and words about anything or anyone considered venting? If so, I vent way more than I used to. When does venting become gossip? I think I am more transparent then I used to be. I don't hide behind as many masks as I used to and the people I trust will very quickly get an earful of my pet peeve of the day. I do think honesty is the best policy - but do I need to say everything on my mind? Maybe there is a fine line between keeping something to yourself and bottling it up till you explode. Maybe you vent to your trusted friends to keep from exploding or imploding. Maybe I'm thinking about this way too much...

I don't have anything in particular to vent about right now. I don't think I'm in any imminent danger of exploding or imploding. Just one of those things that I think about when I'm on my treadmill...to keep me from obsessing about: how far; how fast; how many laps...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Ok, I changed my name once again. I tried to comment on the post above but couldn't.
Vent away my friend, you only live once.

Lesson learned. Egg in shell does not belong in a microwave. Think of it this way, at least it gave you a blogging story. ;)
Love ya!!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Venting is definately a fine art. All fine arts are learned - you learn the lines baby!!
m

8:53 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

That is the wierdest things - my egg post has completely disappeared. It was there yesterday, today it is not... for those who did not have the pleasure of reading it - I blew up an egg in the microwave on Saturday - oh so sad - actually drove me to tears... now I can laugh...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Huma said...

Venting: when you feel a sense of relief by expressing your frustrating.. whether it be to otherrs or to yourself. (If you can't get satisfaction in exxpressing your frustration to yourself and no audience.. it's NOT venting).

Gossipig: when you wait to tell someone a stroy not just that expresses your frustration, but if you tell the story in a way to lead the audiences impression of said 'frustrater'.

Pompous Arrogance: Passing this stuff along anonymously over the internet and feeling like a 'big smart man' because of it.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home