Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Craving Blockers

Ok, so I've been taking 4 horse pills 2x a day for 5 days now. Today I left them at home by mistake. I figured ok, how bad can it be. Well the desire to eat all afternoon was so strong. Good thing I had tastey rice cakes in my desk. At supper time I took the vitamins again, not only do I have cravings, but they are HUGE. Now how much of the whole vitamin thing is mental??? (like duh). Do I want to eat to sabotage myself? or to prove a point that the vitamins are hokey? Or am I really hungry - shouldn't be, I ate enough for supper. Or is it the PMS symptoms I'm having that NOTHING can thwart. I mean there are certain times when only chocolate will do, that is undeniable. I'm pretty sure the scientific community would agree with me. Chocolate can fix just about anything (except that iddy biddy matter of the scale!).

I think what I really need is more of a craving wall, or craving cement door, something like that. You might think that I'm completely obsessed with all this, well that's not true, its just on my mind all the time, so I have to say something - then I feel better!!

I think the vitamins do have some kind of effect. I feel full when I take them, yet they don't seem to bloat, my mouth is dry so I drink more water (which can only help) and at the very least I feel a positive mental crutch from them. Of course you are only to use these for 2 weeks, so no permanent solution there. In the mean time I have a couple of books I need to read that should help me get that mental edge. I usually have the edge in the mornings, its the afternoon and evenings I teeter, totter way over the edge.

As it relates to food - Just for something new and to get a way from some of the alternatives, I tried turkey bacon for the first time - its actually pretty good. I'll have to check Costco to see if there is a cheaper way to enjoy it. Just don't under cook it - I like it best well done!

So enough about my obsession for tonight. You can count on the fact that I'll revisit - LOL.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Well, you know how I feel about it all. :)

Think of something else besides food. That might be a good start. LOL

11:49 AM  
Blogger Huma said...

Blondie... you trying to work into that apron Dagwood's wife wears?

T'is all choices:
- Whole wheat whenever possible (satisfies the body nutrient needs, and inhibits cravings caused by lack of nutrients)
- Light snacking throughout day (idea, keep frozen veggies in the freezer at work and nuke a small bowl as needed... hmmmmm)
- find a 'thing' (a sport or activity) just for you so you have a target /goal (i.e. I need to do sit ups otherwise I compromise my Salsa dancing....)
- E is old enough to cook and lend a hand with the house stuff, relax.. it doesn't all have to be done perfectly (not a craving thing, but good rule anyway.. do you have a dog? Take it out and chase it...literally, it'll protect you from the dark :)

hmmmmm

btw - who's this Joanne that's cyber-stalking me? :)

11:48 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

You should feel privileged, she only stalks a select few. :)

You will recall our conversations about miracle babies. She is the one – she is mother to the miracles. Check out her January 14th blog for the story of an amazing journey – be cautious it is not for the faint of heart.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home