Thursday, January 19, 2006

Jan 18, can I have a do over? This day wasn’t my favorite…

I set my alarm for 5:08. Normally I’d be on my treadmill by 5:25 or so and able to get in a good 30/40 minutes before starting the rest of my day. That would have been ideal. As it was I woke up at 5:08, remembered I had to pee in a little bottle to take for my physical at 9:45.

That worked out alright, didn’t make a mess and went to get my running gear. Then I remembered – oh yeah, physical – Dr. also didn’t want me to have anything to eat or drink – not even water, so I caved and went back to bed. I cannot run indoors and not drink at least one bottle of water, or even walk and not drink – just too dry in the house.

E knocks on the door right before the 2nd time my alarm was to go off. I thought she was (as she usually she does) checking to see if the house alarm was deactivated, it usually is by the time she goes down stairs. I told her to deactivate and let me sleep a few more minutes. “But, ummm, mom” Yah? Says I. “well, ummm, mom, Maple (4 month old kitten) jumped in the toilet before I could close it” GROAN “and then she jumped all over the bathroom and back into my room”. So I drag myself out of bed to play catch a kitty. Maple needed a bath. Have you ever given a kitten a bath? Me neither. I locked her and I in the laundry room, cleaned the sink, got out a clean towel and rolled up my sleeves. Best part was when kitten decided to try and escape by climbing up a shirt hanging over the sink. I managed to get the offending wet paws into the clean water – thankfully it was just the back ones. I gave up on the soap idea, would have needed way more hands and finally wrapped her in a towel (she immediately began to purr) and threw her under the covers with hubby LOL. Didn’t want a wet cat streaking through the house!!

Now onto the physical – no this paragraph is not R rated. Weight was up from last year, whatever. I’m dealing with that. Everything else seems fine, except I have to go back next week to complete the “lab” work as today wasn’t a “good” time. Good news is I don’t have to have a mammogram till I’m 40. Excellent, that is ages from now – oh wait it’s getting closer. Won’t THAT be worth blogging about!!

This aft had a phone call from one of my best friends out west. Her daughter has blood poisoning, well, that just sucks. Not to mention these are some of my favourite people in the world and would want NOTHING to happen to them. It started out with a cut on her toe and spread from there. By the time my friend found out, the infection was pretty bad. The girl will be alright, but wake up call to all of us! Keep clean, wash your hands and clean out wounds, no matter how much it might sting, hurt or whatever.

Kind of put the rest of my day in a new light. I stopped the pity party, said a little prayer for all those I love and went on with my day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just a thought said...

PS. Boo recieved your card today, and she was so delighted to hear from you. xo

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ugh. I feel bad for the both of you. I agree with JAT, have a big glass of wine tonight and kick back. You'll feel better in no time.:D

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home