Sunday, February 12, 2006

I swore in front of the kids

It was only one word, one moment. Then silence. Both kids seeming to silently acknowledge that it was pretty much the only appropriate thing to say.

Every day I back my van up at least once into my garage. In fairness I've only had this garage for 6 months - I'm still getting used to it - yeah whatever. I made a stupid mistake.

There I am - backing up. Hit the garage door opener - once, maybe twice???? Looked in the rear view - but my wiper is broken and it didn't help much. Checked the side view, yup, coast was clear, door is open. Well, too bad it wasn't open all the way. I backed into the last quarter of the door that hadn't ascended - how frustrating. I heard the crunch, slammed on the breaks, said "shit" big, bold and loud. Y said later she knew it was serious because she had never heard me swear before. Not only did I dent and injure the door, but broke the spoiler right off the back of the van (it is a "sport" model after all). BIG SIGH. Hubby was not impressed. I was not impressed. So now I will pay to fix the van and pay for a new garage door. HOW FRUSTRATING IS THIS!!! Gee, I think I'll bite the bullet and pay to have the back wiper fixed too.

Its kind of like years ago when on the morning I figured I should tell hubby to move Y's crib position becuase she was pulling herself up from sitting position and I thought she might fall out. Sure enough that evening when I had put her in her crib to be "safe" while I took E to the bathroom - boom, she fell right out of the crib. Why, oh why is my ESP broken, I guess it is just time delayed. You'd think with my anticipatory disorder anything like this could be avoided. Worrying is just wasted energy. I think I will give it up.

Fortunately we went to my brother/sister in law's tonight. Spent some quality time with people that can always make me laugh. Who loves ya baby?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

So how would it make you feel if a good friend backed up into your door and thought it looked quite good all dented up and such? HA!

Sometimes you just have to laugh, or you'll spend all your energy crying.

Who loves ya?

8:59 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Don't those dents just add character?

What doesn't kill us only make us stronger? What a dumb rule!! I should have said it was the alien's that did it. Damn aliens...

Now look what happened. Now that I swore once, its all gone to potty mouth. That's right - I said POTTY MOUTH. Oh bother...

9:14 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Every dent tells a story. Just think, now your garage has character. You don't want to change that do you?

As for your potty mouth, I'm sure your kids will keep you in line. Maybe THAT'S why we aren't allowed to be on our own? I'm still trying to figure that out.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Huma said...

Potty mouth - sometimes a good SH*T or F-bomb is the only thing suitable. I know when I flub a throw or drop a pass in ulti that's all that seems to help. Some how letting loose with a 'SUGAR!' or 'POPPYCOCK!' Doesn't cut it; though I have tried, and it seems to draw only MORE attention to my preceding foible.
(Yes, FOIBLE is a word).

Spoiler on your van - Maybe you needn't throw $$$$ away on a wiper blade and instead invest in a new pair of racing goggles. You should also think back and ask yourslef "Was I unable to see clearly because my 'sport model racing scarf' was blowing in the breeze?"

6:46 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Huma are you mocking me??? A van has "sport" written all over it! You could drive around an entire team of ultimate players and their gear too - I think you should buy my van - one of a kind - just for you!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home