Sunday, March 06, 2011

sorry mom, my phone was on vibrate

I am going to drive myself crazy! I try so hard to let Mandy be independent. I think I do a pretty good job. She is very good at communicating and always tells me whats up. I text her, she answers, etc. Today at 10pm I txted her good night. I knew where she was going after work and didn't worry too much when she didn't answer. Well at 1am when she didn't answer my text, didn't answer two phone calls I started to get a little antsy. So I tried her BF - that didn't work either. I was just getting ready to start trying other friends when she finally phoned (now a half hour later). She felt horrible and is perfectly safe. I try so very hard not to let anticipatory disorder set in. Its so hard. I will try and go back to sleep now. She will be home soon. UGH - I am so sick of myself.

I told her I wasn't mad - I just needed to check in. Heaven help me when she moves out someday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just a thought said...

Ah yes you gotta love the no answer panic mode that attacks the mind. I mean really...they have those phones attached to their person 24 hours a day! Why else would they not answer...they must be dead in a ditch! My kids are fully aware I over think (that's my genetic makeup or as the doctor said "I was predisposed to a hyper nervous system") repeatedly and to just text me so I can rest assured. Then they don't have me texting and calling them throughout their time away. It's funny I just say as they leave "you know me" and they say "yes Mumma."

11:29 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Its almost like having a newborn again. Just when I figure out the rules of the game - something changes!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home