Tuesday, March 21, 2006

somethings make me sigh...

My youngest is on a committee at school I didn't know about. Leadership cte or something like that. I opened the manual she had and realized it was like a playground mediation group, or something like that. These kids are expected to take a leadership role and not let kids bully etc. They had listed positive attributes that they came up with things like: kindness, not bullying, respect for others and the list goes on. I thought - this is a great cte!! teaches all the things I value. All the things Y already knows and exhibits on a regular basis. Imagine my surprise when I go to the front page where all the kids in her class are listed. She is to say something about 5 of them that she has in common with someone else in her class - one was "susan" and I both like horses - you get the idea. Then I come to one - "rose" and I both hate "rick". do it with me now - **SIGH**. I couldn't help it, I asked her, what is up with that. Once she thought about it, she was completelly crushed out. That wasn't my goal, I was just surprised. This ever evolving world... everybody keeps learning, everyday... I learnt I have to keep teaching. I'm not quite done yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Ok, I can't help it, but i'm laughing. That is so cute and funny!! I love Y. She's just plain honest to a fault. LOVE it!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

oh, but my goal in life - didn't you know? I want EVERYONE to like me. That is what it is all about...

true, she did do the work. She is such a trooper!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Huma said...

Well - That Rick sure has been ticking me off lately.... not surprised Y and Rose have formed a conspiracy to destroy his playground fun...

jk - I got nothing - so I went for a cheap laugh.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home