Monday, July 02, 2007

ever run with a dog?

I never had, I mean I've always wanted to. I like dogs, they're good for the soul, they listen, don't judge, come when they're called and love you unconditionally. I think I would have one if dh wanted one. But he has converted me to a cat lover in a big way. And there is now the complicating factor that Tabitha (for whatever reason) hates dogs. Haven't figured out why yet. She liked them till just a few years ago...

So anyway, I'm running down the street on Sunday and this dog picks me up and starts running beside me. I tell it to "git", I tell it to "go home" I tell it to sit, stay and whatever else I can think of - to no avail. It looks at me, whines and just wants to come along. FINE. Run with me then. And away we go. Well I kept thinking it would get tired of me. Especiallly when it was distracted by the river... nope. It stayed with me for an hour (not that I ran for an hour mind you, it just wouldn't leave!!). Finally I called dh and he came to get me on the ATV. There was no way I was letting this loveable old thing know where I lived. Much as i like dogs, this is not the one I would choose to have i.e. somebody elses!! So anyway dh comes on the ATV with milk bones in hand (we have them for Aunt Dakota... LOL). the pooch wanted nothing to do with them, so I got on the ATV and we booted it out of there.

Fortunately another unsuspecting jogger was on his way towards the intersection we just left in the dust. I'm sure he had a wonderful running companion. Just as I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

so cute, and frightening at the same time. LOL I'm glad you didn't bring anymore pets home. :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

well I did think of pulling my alarm to see if she would bolt, but I thought that might scare me more than her!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home