Monday, January 16, 2006

The Great Equalizer

I think I figured it out. The thing that makes us all equals. Yes you guessed it - the bathing suit. I'm not talking about sitting at one at one of the 10 greatest beaches in North America where beach babes/bums can sit on the beach for hours with no thought of going in the water to mess with make up or hair or walking up and down the boardwalk just to see and be seen. I'm talking about swimming at the pool. The great equalizer - if you're at the pool, you're there for a reason, especially in winter. I mean who in their right mind goes swimming in the winter? US. Yesterday the girls and I scrounged for suits, both of them ended up in last years top and a pair of board shorts as the bottoms just didn't fit any more. I found a $30 suit at Costco that is purely functional - no sex appeal there, let me tell you! After convincing E that no one can tell whether or not you shaved your legs today and sewing the last of the swim badges on her bag (in case anyone was looking) it was time to go (can anyone see the hair on my legs??) Who's idea was this anyway??

So off we went. Cocky enough to think that for whatever reason my make up wouldn't run in the pool - yah right. Back I trudged to scrape off the paint with pink frothy bathroom soap & clean water. Better than raccoon eyes!! Shivering violently before becoming acclimatized was fun too - the mandatory hot shower before plunging into the pool begs the question - why isn't the shower hot after swimming?? All that done the girls begged to do their laps so they could go in the deep end - as an adult I didn't have to do laps, apparently I can save myself - LOL. Wow those girls can swim. I tried to do a few laps - just to say I could do it too. IT WAS HARD - E was laughing, its not that hard mom!!

We had a lot of fun. I barely had time to people watch, but did you know string bikinis are back? Apparently so, especially on young teenage girls - why?? And why do parents put out the money for that? Ok, that's another blog topic. For now - I'll say we had a ton of fun. Monkey in the middle, hand stands and seeing who can stay under the longest. Next time you should all come too...

On the way home E called home and convinced the dad man that we should watch Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with supper - fun. I love Johnny Depp...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

It sounds like you all had a blast. How brave you are to be swimming. I think you should have left the raccoon eyes on. That would have been so cool. I mean really, how many people can say they have eyes like a raccoon?! LOL

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home