Friday, January 13, 2006

www.truestar.com

Interesting evening. Last night I spent 2 hours with a coach at Truestar for Women. It is a gym that combines Herbal Magic, Weight Watchers, Curves, Body for Life, what else??? She had me hooked on all the machines, work out style, even the vitamins. The Website was amazing, fill in forms, tell them what food you like, don't like, can't have - then it figures out meal plans. Comes up with a grocery list so you can determine what you have at home, then it deletes things you already have and you go buy what you don't, print the menu plans and you're done. You do the exercise, take the vitamins, they give you a personal trainer, coach every week to talk, weigh you, measure you and keep you motivated. To bad the whole thing was going to cost me well over $1000 plus the vitamins.

Apparently Dr. Phil mentioned them on his show - they've had 28,000 new members in 3 weeks. I like the system, I'm actually trying some of the vitamins to jump start my weight loss (craving blocker - all natural, no chemicals). I can do the exercise, I'm not afraid of it. I just can't eat the healthy foods that would help me lose weight. I'm allergic to so many foods, nuts, most fruit, celery, carrots, shell fish and a few misc. other things. The worst part is if I have my allergins and then exercise, i have in the past had anaphylactic reations - its called exercise induced anaphylaxis. Its a bugger. I actually hit a wall last week where I almost cried in the produce department again, some days I just want to eat a freaking apple. Ok, enough of the pitty party.

I'm not horribly overweight, but in reality I'd like to lose 20lbs. Thought this might help. Their philosophy is to concentrate on vitamins, sleep, attitude, exercise and nutrition - pretty good things. They're 100% Canadian even. I don't think I need everything they offer, I don't need someone to tell me to change exercise machines or that nutrition is important. But I will take their craving blocker and see if it works, if so, then I will try their woman specific combination. Its a 2 week thing, I'll let you know how I do. Pat me on the back, I've been getting up at 5:10am to exercise cause I just can't find the time at night. My weight goes up and down. I need to find the combination of things that make me get and stay where I want to be. I can do it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

You CAN do it! YAY!! Let me know how it all works out for you. I'll have to check out the website.
If you really set your mind on making changes, you will succeed. We need to talk more.. LOL

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blondie
I started a program of Greens + and Omega 3-6-9 I have been on it for 3 days. I also need to make changes. I am truly starting to feel better. Remember we are lifer's...... you know who.
m

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home