Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Blogging...

You know, some things I really think way to much about. I love blogging, I think it is a fantastic way for people to communicate. Posting comments on other blogs is way too much fun. Yet, it scares me to death. I mean on one hand, what if I hurt someone's feelings. I'm usually honest to a fault. What if I say the wrong thing. I don't have any security features on my blog, so anyone can read it. What if I screw somebody up? Tell the whole world about something that is only someone else's business. On the other hand, this is my blog, all about me baby, not forcing anyone to read it right???

I decided I need some guidelines a policy statement if you will:

So - here is my disclaimer:
1. I will do my darndest not to hurt anyone's feelings with my words.
2. I will never mention specifics about home, family or work (for safety sake).
3. I will not knowingly betray any confidences.
4. I will not be malicious.
5. I will be honest with what I write.

Here are your rights and responsibilities:
1. If you don't like what I say - call me on it.
2. If I make a mistake (other than grammar or spelling!!!) - call me on it.
3. If you feel I'm walking a thin line - call me on it.
4. If you are hurt by something I've written - call me on it.

I can't correct or make amends if I don't know.

Let me be honest - there are days when I will take everything you say to heart, there are days when I will say Screw it... this is my blog... bugger off. There are days when I may open a flood gate and pour out my heart.

Your last responsibility is to take what I say here and keep it safe. So I guess if I live up to my rules and you live up to yours this should be fun for all of us.

Enough said. (of course I reserve the right to revisit this or any other topic in the future!!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Bloggin is addicting. I love it.
So, are the rules there for me?? LOL
Who exactly are you making them for... Huma? ;)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

LOL - you know as well as me that most rules just BEG to be broken...

9:11 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

You are oh so correct!! Down with thinking! Up with Bloggin!!!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home